The limits being placed on gatherings of more than 10 people and health officials urging social distancing, area churches have canceled in-person services, while some are offering online options for their congregants.
• Lower Deer Creek Mennonite Church will make sermons available on the Lower Deer Creek Mennonite Church Facebook page as well as on the church website: https://ldcmc.org/.
• Shiloh services are canceled until further notice.
• East Union Mennonite Church is offering online services through Zoom.
• Gospel Light services are canceled.
• Sharon Center United Methodist Church has canceled worship services for March 29. Services are tentatively scheduled to begin anew on April 5.
• Kalona United Methodist Church has postponed services until further notice.
• Asbury and West Chester United Methodist churches have postponed services with the hopes of being able to meet again on Palm Sunday, April 5.
• Kalona Mennonite Church will have weekly sermons posted on the church’s website at 10:30 a.m. each Sunday.
• Cluster Parishes are recording Sunday Mass and posting it on their Facebook page and website clusterparishes.org.
They asked people to send in photos to be taped to the pews. The idea is that they are represented when Father Bill says Mass.
Father Bill prays at a specific time every day and invites parishioners to join him at that time and pray along with him from their home.
They also post on Facebook a link to Word on Fire which livestreams Mass every day, as well as a link to “Virtual Adoration.” This link directs people to webcams all around the world that are livestreaming Adoration.
They frequently post short videos on Facebook that educates viewers about the Christian faith.